Administrative and Procurement Officer at SNV
- Post Date:November 5, 2021
- Views 112
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
SNV currently aims more explicitly for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation, with decentralised management. Our Global Support Unit (70 staff) backstops our teams around the world. SNV has been present in Ghana since 1992.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
Overview of the Project
SNV is implementing the Boosting Green Employment and Enterprise Opportunities (GrEEn) project since early 2020. The project aims to promote employment, entrepreneurship and support the greening of businesses for sustainable and climate resilient local economies in Ghana.
The project is currently seeking applicants for a part-time position (80% equivalent of 32 hours a week) Administrative and Procurement Officer.
The Officer will be responsible for supporting the project’s administrative activities and procurement in coordination with the Project Manager; project team and country HR and Operations Manager. S/he works closely with project staff, vendors, and service providers to ensure that project procurement are compliant with donor and SNV requirement.
Under the supervision of the Country HR and Operations Manager, the key responsibilities of the Administrative and Procurement Officer will include:
- Provide the highest standards of procurement services and advice to the project team of SNV in Ghana in accordance with the established rules, regulations and processes;
- Ensure the integrity and transparency of the procurement process and compliance with the EU’s and SNV’s Financial Regulations and Rules and relevant internal policies;
- Implement proper procurement planning every year in coordination with relevant Teams in order to ensure cost-effective solicitation of goods and services;
- Identify and fully understand the details and conditions of the best procurement methods to be used for maximized competitive bidding process through pre-qualification exercise, i.e. Call for Expression of Interest or Request for Information. Launch of Request for Quotations, Requests for Proposals and Invitation to Bid inviting vendors to submit their quotations/prices or proposals based on the nature of the requirements and cost of procurement involved;
- Ensure with requesting project team members the availability of funding sources based on EU´s and SNV’s Financial Regulations and Rules to award contract(s) to the selected suppliers who are able to meet the specifications and offer the best terms;
- Prepare evaluation reports, abstracts or financial comparison matrix of offers, compile data contained in quotations, proposals and bids to determine which supplier can deliver the required goods/services at the best terms and lowest costs possible with due consideration to cost, quality, delivery time, payments terms and others;
- Ensure preparation and review for completeness of various cases for submissions to the dedicated Contracts Review Committee;
- Submit for approvals agreements and contracts to the Project Manager;
- Provide clarifications and advice on EU´s and SNV’s procurement procedures and practices; respond to queries about the status of delivery raised by requisitioner and about payment and other matters raised by the suppliers;
- Perform a wide range of office support, for events and workshops contributing to the efficient and effective management of the administrative and procurement activities;
- Maintain relevant internal databases and files; keeps track of contractual agreements and purchase orders;
- Maintain a proper and systematic archive system
- Perform other tasks as required.
i. Bachelor’s degree required Business Administration, Business Management, and Procurement Supply or relative field;
ii. At least four (4) years of progressively responsible procurement and administrative work experience preferably for an NGO;
iii. Demonstrated experience in procurement and grants focused on ensuring compliance with established rules and regulations;
iv. Knowledge of EU procedures and regulations desirable;
v. Ability, to prioritize multiple assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, to exercise good judgment and to effectively communicate with Management, high integrity and commitment to transparency.
vi. Excellent command of written and spoken English is required
Application and Selection Process
Application Guidelines: Please read these carefully. Failure to comply will adversely affect your application.