Advisor, Behaviour Change Specialist at SNV
- Post Date:November 8, 2021
- Views 199
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
SNV currently aims more explicitly for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation, with decentralised management. Our Global Support Unit (70 staff) backstops our teams around the world.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
SNV has been present in Ghana since 1992 and is currently seeking applicants for a full-time position for an Advisor, Behaviour Change Specialist on one of its WASH Projects.
The Advisor will be based in the district with focus on behaviour change through design of a comprehensive and inclusive Social Behaviour Change (SBC) approaches as well as Gender Equity and Social Inclusion (GESI) aspects across all components. The position will design and implement SBC campaigns that identify priority behaviours, prioritize determinants of change and outline top influencers for both WASH and nutrition interventions. Actively lead in the formative research period where key behaviour change messages and strategies will be outlined.
Duties & Responsibilities
The key responsibilities of the Advisor will include the following:
1. Project planning, Implementation and Reporting
- Develop detailed implementation plan for WASH and Nutrition related activities.
- Work with the team in undertaking formative research to ascertain behaviours of target beneficiaries in the inception phase of the project
- Lead the implementation of the findings and recommendations of the Formative research including identifying appropriate strategies for addressing behaviour change
- Using the relevant approaches including Community Led Total Sanitation and hygiene (CLTS) to mobilise communities to eliminate open defecation (OD) and other approaches for sustained behaviour change,
- In coordination with the Marketing and Business Specialist scale up the supply and demand for improved sanitation facilities,
- Oversee behaviour change/demand creation activities related to expanding key hygiene behaviours at home, school, and health facilities, prioritise the learning from the behavioural sciences and integrate with the program.
- In consultation with the Project Manager and in line with the SNV scope of work (SoW); engage in the preparation and monitoring of detail budget and financial plans.
- Ensure that all people, regardless of gender benefit from, and are empowered by improved water and sanitation services, and hygiene practice.
- Ensure that respective monthly/quarterly/biannually/annually reports are meeting required quality and deadlines set by the Project Manager internally and externally by the donor.
2. Capacity Building:
- Build the technical Capacity of Nandom sectoral office staff, using proven approaches, and according to the national /regional strategy, promote demand creation for improved WASH behaviour;
- Build local capacity of government staff in the design, implementation, and evaluation of SBCC programming.
3. Coordination and stakeholder development
- Engage in the WASH sector platforms and networking at the intervention areas, and the Upper West region relevant to the project;
- Build smooth and strong partnership in a holistic manner and represent SNV at relevant regional and national level and other development partners.
4. Business Development
- Identify and advice the Project Manager on potential and new opportunities including donors for resource mobilisation or business development which is aligned to SNV sector strategy.
- Provide the business development team with relevant WASH information which could be helpful as an input.
- Actively contribute to the development of Concept Notes and Proposals Development.
5. Knowledge Management, Learning and Innovation
- Periodically collect information on good practices more specifically at the district and region to gain institutional knowledge.
- Advice and support the Project Manager in rolling out of evidence and SBCC tools developed.
- Inform WASH knowledge agenda to the Project Manager, in line with direction set by the WASH project/SNV implementation modalities and donor requirement.
- Support the development of case studies and report to the Project Manager to be disseminated to larger audience/stakeholders including GoG, SNV global and other NGOs working in the WASH sector.
- Capture lessons learned, stimulate internal and external knowledge exchange and suggest ways how to translate this into practice and report to the Project Manager.
6. Monitoring and evaluation
- Monitor project implementation processes, coordinate evaluations, share learning’s and document best practices; ensure project learning and achievements are documented.
- Prepare and submit periodic narrative and financial reports in a timely manner according to SNV’s requirements.
- Monitor and evaluate project implementation.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Communication, community development and other related Social sciences fields
- At least five (5) years of experience in designing successful Social Behaviour Change Communication.
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills.
- Proven experience in undertaking activities aimed SBCC and Capacity Building of government staff and institutions.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and a strong track record in meeting deliverables and donor deadlines.
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills
- Competent and motivated, commercial drive and quality orientation.
- Ability to work independently and under stressful conditions.
- Team player and able and willing to perform tasks successful.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here