Chief Internal Auditor at Reputable Financial Institution
- Post Date:November 23, 2021
- Views 17
A reputable financial institution requires the services of an assertive, focused and performance driven individual to fill the role of the Chief Internal Auditor. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- To run the Internal Audit department, namely:
- To plan, lead and undertake independent governance, financial, operational and compliance audits within Institution ;
- To adhere to, and fulfil the requirements of the Internal Audit Charter as approved by the Board of the institution;
- To present relevant audit reports to the Board Audit Committee, Chief Executive Officer and the institution’s Executive Management Team.
- To provide leadership, management supervision, training and guidance for all Internal Audit staff, ensuring adequate skills and experience in order to fulfill functional objectives;
- Where necessary, at the request of management, to carry out ad hoc investigations which include but not limited to fraud and report accordingly.
- Provide advisory role to support all other departments in attaining established Institutional goals.
- Participate as an invitee and independent observer at Executive Committee meetings but may not assume any management responsibility or be involved in decisions for the Institution under any circumstances.
- Develops and maintains productive relationships with external bodies such as auditors & inspectors and also management, and collaborates effectively with Risk, AML and Cyber, Information & Security Departments on wide range of risk/control/emerging issues.
- Actively provides feedback on management’s internal controls systems, policies and procedures in all business cycles and for projects, new products and outlets including pre-launch testing of the new products and applicable processes.
- Examines, evaluates and reports on accounting and other controls over operations such as ensuring that roles are properly segregated, validity of transactions with third parties and staff alike and so on. In examining each area of business, he/she should also assess the effectiveness and adequacy of the IT and other systems in operation in line with the risk management framework in place.
- Undertakes audits based on the perceived inherent and control risks as detailed in the Risk Management Tool.
- Participate fully in developing and testing the Institutions emergency and Disaster Recovery Plans and ensure that they are formally approved by the Board. Report on all events on system failures and other emergency issues
- Support the business in the conduction of Fraud Investigations as may be required by the Management and Board, and provide independent input in to the investigation process.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENT
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy from a reputable university or college.
- Professional audit qualification (ICA, CPA, ACCA or CIMA).
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Membership of a relevant recognized professional body.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in internal audit, preferably from a microfinance/savings and loans, banking or financial institution at senior audit manager level or above.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of risk-based auditing and fraud investigation, and excellent report-writing capability.
- Sound knowledge of industry-related, statutory and regulatory compliance requirements, accounting principles and auditing of tax position.
- Extensive knowledge of credit risk management, treasury and balance sheet management with relevant audit experience at senior level.
- Experience in auditing and evaluating business operations including sustainability, efficiency, budget and overhead control, profitability and default management.
- Ability to monitor and assess achievements against performance targets, quality standards and service agreements that aligns with the institution’s business plan.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and work under demanding conditions with many interruptions.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business 30th November 2021