Condition Monitoring Technician – S/F Infrastructure & STP at AngloGold Ashanti Limited
- Post Date:November 2, 2021
- Views 109
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Condition Monitoring Technician – S/F Infrastructure & STP.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Condition Monitoring Technician – S/F Infrastructure & STP is responsible for performing all condition Monitoring functions of all Surface Infrastructure and STP equipment which includes checking vibrations, temperatures, pressures, oil levels and flows and reporting. The role holder also assists reliability engineer in developing, implementing and reviewing equipment maintenance strategies, reliability centred maintenance (RCM) tactics, and defect elimination projects in order to improve equipment reliability and asset integrity of the mine plant and equipment to world-class standards.
- Work compliantly with the requirement of Government of Ghana Agencies, environmental, health & safety legislation and AGAG regulation
- Accept personal responsibility for his own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Assist Reliability Engineer in gathering information for reports
- Conduct audits of surface infrastructure and process plant Equipment.
- Conduct reviews of the condition monitoring function to identify actions for continuous improvement
- Assist the Reliability Engineer to develop condition monitoring routes and checks for Plant equipment;
- Execute CM checks on a routine scheduled basis. This include visual checks, vibration data collection, infrared data collection, ultra sonic data collection, motor current and flux data collection, simple NDT data collection;
- Analyze and trend predictive maintenance data (vibration, IR, etc.) to determine plant condition and report this condition for action;
- Monitor general physical condition of plant assets and report
- Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary;
- Generate work requests in SAP as required for maintenance planning and scheduling
- Perform routine condition monitoring tasks on all the rotating equipment by data collection using advanced portable data collectors and other tools according to the established schedules and also as per the plant requirements.
- Gather information on vibration & other data collected in order to diagnose / troubleshoot rotating machinery problems.
- Actively participate in Reliability improvement programmes and Root Cause Failure Analysis process of Rotating equipment as per requirements.
- Monitor equipment performance on asset health system and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure
- Report directly to the reliability engineer on issues and identify and execute improvement projects
- Stop equipment from working if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Diploma or Equivalent Technical qualifications in Mechanical Engineering
- Level 1 certification in condition monitoring will be an advantage
- Six (6) years of experience in the mining industry, with at least 2-3 years in an engineering operating facility.
- Familiarity with the Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
- Specialized training in vibration analysis and other condition monitoring techniques
- Practical knowledge in the use of SAP
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations.
Method of Application