Cost Control Officer at AngloGold Ashanti Limited
- Post Date:November 2, 2021
- Views 53
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Cost Control Officer.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The role holder is accountable for estimating the cost of projects, analysing the requirements and specification of the project and determining the cost involved in the project. The role provides the cost information and data to Project Managers allowing accurate financial assessment of project deliverables. The Cost Control Officer coordinates the communication of cost estimates and achievement between project stakeholders, engineers, project managers to effectively and efficiently deliver on schedule and budget of all processing plant new build and refurbishment activities safely through SAP system in line with strategic objective of business.
- Ensure section’s compliance with the requirement of Government of Ghana Agencies, lending institutions, shareholders’ interests, environmental, health & safety legislation and company regulation
- Responsible for Safety, Environmental, and Social Responsibility policies for the area and accept personal responsibility for the health and safety of every mine worker if under or assigned to his/her supervision.
- Ensure safe planning of Process Plant Infrastructure refurbishment and/or construction activities and compliance with classified plant and electrical safety obligations to meet safety targets.
- Demonstrate safety behaviour consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
- Work as example to create a suitable safe work environment to motivate staff, employees and contractors to achieve optimum effectiveness, productivity and operating costs
- Ensure that continuous improvement of safety performance is an inherent part of the refurbishment.
- Provide Project Managers and Stakeholders the cost data and information required to plan all process plant and equipment refurbishment and new build activities.
- Provide the refurbishment project and maintenance team with accurate cost estimate and tracking.
- Coordinate with the Planning Supervisor and Project Manager to set cost program and target milestones for each phase based on the project plan.
- Monitor cost of critical activities based on the project schedule and advise project management.
- Prepare and submit updated work cost program and cash flow curve showing actual progress and identify areas of weakness and establish means and methods for recovery, if any
- Monitor cost of day to day work progress and prepare the weekly and monthly program and report.
- Maintain and record update of cost of site work progress obtained from Project Managers and Planning Manager.
- Maintain the cost aspects of master project schedule with updates with respect to new build, refurbishment and maintenance activities
- Proactively incorporate and escalate change to avoid potential project cost and schedule overruns.
- Ensure spares inventory supports current and future planning requirements at accurately know cost.
- Identify and implement opportunities to help prevent reoccurring failures that may adversely impact on production.
- Provide inputs into the identification of reliability monitoring by recognizing irregular and unusual repetition of potential maintenance activities.
- Ensure asset purchase costing is effectively and efficiently done through a structured system that is consistent with AGA policies.
- Provide input to due diligence for procuring goods and services to support the new build and refurbishment work and maintenance plan.
- Adhere to procurement procedures and processes.
- Ensure cost codes are correctly allocated to all new build and refurbishment activities, also at the planning stage.
- Assist in the development of reporting metrics for cost of quality and performance to cost
- Act as the interface with Contractors and/or Construction teams regarding costs of planned refurbishment works that support the overall work plan, schedule and expectations.
- Act as the interface with the operational readiness team, particularly around the rollout and implementation of costing aspects of SAP.
- Ensure costing training, development and performance management of individuals in the SAP transfer is effective.
- Attend key planning meetings on a weekly basis and as required.
- Participate in project and maintenance meetings with the Contractors and Owner’s team as required.
- Maintain meeting records, agreed actions, and follow up to ensure actions are completed.
- Attend regular SAP asset maintenance management system operational readiness interface and hand over meeting.
- Participate in internal and external construction audits as required.
- Apply best practice, Industry and AGAG standards, AGAG Quality systems, policies, procedures and processes to all internal project requirements.
- Escalate outstanding corrective actions, close out completed actions
- Participate in incident investigations and provide feedback regarding the agreed corrective actions.
- Produce daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports accurately and timely information that clearly describe the cost status of new build/refurbishment works and SAP asset maintenance cost management system rollout.
- Escalate refurbishment and maintenance works progress and KPI status to the Project Manager, particularly potential cost, schedule or quality variances.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A tertiary qualifications in a relevant (mechanical or electrical) engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as maintenance planner/supervisor in metallurgical and/or mining operations.
- Project planning highly regarded. Preferably owner’s team, multidisciplined, design, construction and commissioning experience, with contractor management experience, within a large blue chip mining or resources environment
- Primavera/MS Project
- MS Office with excellent Excel financial reporting ability
- Multi-disciplined engineering and construction experience.
- Familiar with HSE management systems.
- Managerial leadership and technical skills relevant to the provision of maintenance services.
- Process plant operation and maintenance practices.
- Highly flexible, able to balance competing demands/priorities.
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Audit, compliance and governance.
- Able to mentor and coach personnel.
- Ability to present to management and key stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing, motivational and organizational skills
- Demonstrated capacity to make sound and timely decisions, by quickly assembling the facts to develop action priorities
- Lead by example, displaying technical and managerial leadership.
- Professional approach to maintaining contractor, authority and client relationships.
- Able to work harmoniously with a diverse array of personnel.
- Mentor and develop personnel.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships, with a range of stakeholders.
- Displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Goal-orientated self-starter.
- Maximize performance, solving problems and analyzing issues to ensure best for project outcomes.
Method of Application