Country Director at ActionAid Ghana
- Post Date:November 2, 2021
- Views 78
ActionAid Ghana (AAG), an Affiliate of ActionAid is looking to employ an experienced and self- motivated individual to fill the position of a Country Director.
The Country Director (CD) provides vision, leadership, management, and effective high-level national representation for ActionAid Ghana in line with established policies, principles, and operating practices of ActionAid International.
The CD role requires broad organizational experience, thus enabling the post-holder to manage large teams, as well as deep knowledge across a professional discipline in development that enables the post-holder to make significant improvements to policies and processes that lead to long-term success of ActionAid Ghana.
Qualification Required & Experience
Academic Qualification & Experience:
The candidate must hold a post graduate degree in social sciences, development studies or a development related field and at least 10 years proven track record with a minimum of 5 years in a top management position in development work or poverty alleviation programmes with proven initiative, flexibility, and enthusiasm in managing complex activities in a changing environment.
• Demonstrated top management expertise, including proven ability to develop the capacities of multi-disciplinary professional teams undertaking comprehensive poverty alleviation strategies.
• Proven experience in managing complex financial control and management systems.
• Demonstrated expertise in strategic and long-term planning and the ability to ensure that operational plans and activities meet targets and appropriately reflect longer term perspectives.
• Proven experience of working and negotiating with Government officials and/or donors at all levels.
• Sound and up to date knowledge of development concepts, methodologies and techniques including demonstrated expertise in at least one specialist development field.
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
• Proficiency in English and fluency of local languages is an advantage to the role.
• Strong leadership and management skills.
• Strong analytical/problem solving, and crisis, conflict, and risk management skills.
• Fundraising skills with proven track record in contract management from bilateral and multilateral donors.
This is a five (5) year contract employment, renewable for five (5) years on national terms and conditions. The role involves frequent travel within and outside Ghana.
Salary Level: SM 6
Location: Accra with travels within Ghana
How to Apply For The Job
Curriculum Vitae (CVs) are NOT acceptable.
Completed Application Forms should be emailed to: