Data Engineer at Systems for Development
- Post Date:October 13, 2021
- Views 10
Systems for Development, a US-based leading consultancy firm focused on transforming organizational performance through sustainable information and communication technology, seeks a Data Engineer in anticipation of an upcoming project on Data Production and Use. The Data Engineer will be responsible for building MoH/GHS public health data pipelines to bring together information from different source systems. S/He will lead the integration, consolidation and cleansing of data and structure it for use in analytics applications.
- Design, build and maintain data structures, databases, and data processing pipelines to support the projects.
- Develop models that will analyze and organize raw data.
- Build data pipelines that will enable the MOH/GHS collect data points from users and process the results in near real-time
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Build algorithms and pipelines that make it easier for users in the MoH/GHS enterprise access raw data while understanding business requirements and where data fits into the business model in order to meet the enterprise’s needs.
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modelling
- Design, construct, install, test and maintain data management systems.
- Integrate up-and-coming data management and software engineering technologies into existing data structures.
- Employ an array of technological languages and tools to connect systems together.
- Collaborate with members of the team on the project’s goals.
- Recommend different ways to constantly improve data reliability and quality.
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition
Qualification Required & Experience:
- Masters’ degree (preferred in Computer Science, Statistics, or any quantitative field).
- Have a solid understanding of relational databases, and the applications and programs used by those databases.
- Skilled in programming languages such as C#, Java, Python, R, Ruby, Scala and SQL.
- Understands data modeling, including conceptualization and database optimization
- Strong SQL skills and experience working with both relational (Microsoft SQL Server) and non-relational databases, and familiarity with a variety of databases and datasets
- A good understanding of ETL tools and REST-oriented APIs for creating and managing data integration jobs
- Understand data warehouses and data lakes and how they work.
- Ability to code in Python to create web scrapers, ETL processes and data analysis preprocesses.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience, preferably in consulting or at high-tech companies
- Strong background in business intelligence (BI) platforms and the ability to configure them
- Strong passion for the following topics – Machine Learning, Data Quality Management, Data warehousing
- Strong knowledge of technology trends across IT and digital and how they can be applied to companies to address real world problems and opportunities
- Team oriented and collaborative working style, both with clients and those within the organization
- Growth mindset, positive attitude & strong interest to solve client challenges, adapt to a changing work environment & deal with new issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Method of Application
Related Jobs (7)
Mechanical Engineer – Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital on October 18, 2021 Full Time
Remote Mid-Level & Senior Backend Developers at Fun Ecom/SaaS Co on October 18, 2021 Full Time
Process Plant Operator at Newmont Mining Corporation on October 6, 2021 Full Time
Fire and Rescue Brigadesman at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited on October 6, 2021 Full Time
Engineering Graduates Trainee Recruitment at Ericsson on October 5, 2021 Full Time