Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Data Engineer at Systems for Development
- Post Date:October 13, 2021
- Views 116
Systems for Development, a US-based leading consultancy firm focused on transforming organizational performance through sustainable information and communication technology, seeks a Data Engineer in anticipation of an upcoming project on Data Production and Use. The Data Engineer will be responsible for building MoH/GHS public health data pipelines to bring together information from different source systems. S/He will lead the integration, consolidation and cleansing of data and structure it for use in analytics applications.
- Design, build and maintain data structures, databases, and data processing pipelines to support the projects.
- Develop models that will analyze and organize raw data.
- Build data pipelines that will enable the MOH/GHS collect data points from users and process the results in near real-time
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Build algorithms and pipelines that make it easier for users in the MoH/GHS enterprise access raw data while understanding business requirements and where data fits into the business model in order to meet the enterprise’s needs.
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modelling
- Design, construct, install, test and maintain data management systems.
- Integrate up-and-coming data management and software engineering technologies into existing data structures.
- Employ an array of technological languages and tools to connect systems together.
- Collaborate with members of the team on the project’s goals.
- Recommend different ways to constantly improve data reliability and quality.
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition
Qualification Required & Experience:
- Masters’ degree (preferred in Computer Science, Statistics, or any quantitative field).
- Have a solid understanding of relational databases, and the applications and programs used by those databases.
- Skilled in programming languages such as C#, Java, Python, R, Ruby, Scala and SQL.
- Understands data modeling, including conceptualization and database optimization
- Strong SQL skills and experience working with both relational (Microsoft SQL Server) and non-relational databases, and familiarity with a variety of databases and datasets
- A good understanding of ETL tools and REST-oriented APIs for creating and managing data integration jobs
- Understand data warehouses and data lakes and how they work.
- Ability to code in Python to create web scrapers, ETL processes and data analysis preprocesses.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience, preferably in consulting or at high-tech companies
- Strong background in business intelligence (BI) platforms and the ability to configure them
- Strong passion for the following topics – Machine Learning, Data Quality Management, Data warehousing
- Strong knowledge of technology trends across IT and digital and how they can be applied to companies to address real world problems and opportunities
- Team oriented and collaborative working style, both with clients and those within the organization
- Growth mindset, positive attitude & strong interest to solve client challenges, adapt to a changing work environment & deal with new issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Method of Application