Dean, Faculty of Law at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi
- Post Date:October 28, 2021
- Views 112
THE Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, announces a vacancy for the appointment of DEAN, FACULTY OF LAW effective, JANUARY 01, 2022.
• The Dean is the Head of the Faculty. He/She shall be responsible to the Provost for providing leadership to the Faculty; and, for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good governance of the Faculty in accordance with policies and procedures instituted by the University.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must be a distinguished scholar with evidence of considerable experience in an Academic Institution or analogous organisation.
• Must possess a TERMINAL DEGREE.
• Must have capacity to motivate and direct Staff; and must be above reproach.
• Must exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities and organizational skills.
• Must possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills and the capacity to manage and control crisis situations.
• Must be visionary and able to establish rapport between industry and allied institutions and the University for common purpose.
• Must be sober with maturity and drive for sound and impartial judgement.
• Must be able to attract grants and funds for Research and Development activities for the Faculty.
• Must be able to serve a minimum of a Full Term of THREE (3) YEARS before attaining the compulsory retiring age of SIXTY (60).
• Must be a qualified/distinguished Legal Practitioner registered with the General Legal Council and a Member of the Professional Body.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
• The Appointment, which is full-time, shall be for THREE (3) YEARS in the first instance and may be subject to renewal for three (3) Years, altogether making a maximum of six (6) years. The candidate may opt to be a Faculty Member after serving the six-year term before attaining the statutory retiring age of 60.
• Salary and fringe benefits attached to the post are attractive.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested Candidates are requested to submit an Application Letter together with the following:
• Curriculum Vitae, including Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees; and,
• A Two-Page Statement of Candidate’s Vision for the Faculty.
Applications should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER to reach the following address, not later than FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2021:
The Deputy Registrar
Human Resource Development Division
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology