Dental Nurse at Platinum Orthodontic and Advanced Dental Services
- Post Date:October 18, 2021
- Views 218
• Performing a variety of dental assisting duties while promoting quality dental care for our patients in a safe environment with minimal stress.
• Assisting specialists / dentists / hygienists.
• Active involvement in oral health promotion. Effectively communicate with patients on all aspects of care including appointment scheduling and payments.
• Actively work to the highest international standards od cross infection are adhered to.
• Maintain equipment as per protocol and report malfunctioning or damaged equipment as soon as possible
• Prepare for patients in advance by reviewing medical history, treatment plan and chart notes to know what will be done and how to set up for each patient.
• Prepare procedure set ups (trays).
• For Ortho nursing – ensure patient orthodontic models, photos and radiographs are available during treatment.
• Clean and disinfect treatment rooms. Place protective barriers as required.
• Keep all instruments and equipment clean, organized and ready for use.
• Assist dentists during procedures and be proactive in your approach.
• Take all types of dental X-rays as prescribed and complete the necessary documentation
• Make thorough procedure notes to document exam findings, doctor’s treatment plan, patient’s chief complaint and treatment goals, materials used, and steps taken during every procedure.
• Ensure surgeries are clean and tidy ready for next patient.
• Sterilize instruments between patients.
• Restock supplies in each location including rotation of stock between surgeries as they are used. Ensure that items about to expire are identified.
• Ensure leaflets likely to pertain to the procedures are at hand
• Strictly adhere to health and safety protocols as well as cross infection to the highest standard.
• Perform all equipment and facility maintenance procedures regularly according to the schedule and guidelines.
• Ensuring all clinical waste is adequately disposed-off.
• Ensure end of day procedures as assigned are completed.
• Explain dental procedures and hand out information about dental procedures.
• Give OHI, post-operative instructions (including how and when to take / use any prescribed items including medication) to patients and parents of pediatric patients.
• Be aware of on-going practice marketing and targets and work towards assigned goals
• Take part in marketing events (including school screens) as required
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum Qualification: Diploma in Dental Nursing from a recognized Institution.
• Bachelor’s degree in any field (must have interest in Dental Nursing) – TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED
• Excellent competence and high professional ethics in nursing practice especially in dental care
• Excellent written and spoken English and oral communication skills
• Experienced in word processing software, spreadsheets (Word and Excel) and other office applications.
• Attention to detail
• Respect patient’s confidentiality and dignity
• Excellent people management skills
• Understanding of excellent customer Service
• Good organizational skills: Friendly, approachable and outgoing team player
• Diligent, honest and hardworking
• Motivated and keen to develop and advance their career
• Outgoing personality who can relate to people at all levels
• Very well-presented
• Great positive attitude
Location: Airport Hills, Accra
How To Apply For The Job
Kindly forward your application and curriculum vitae to: