Driver Mechanic at World Food Programme
- Post Date:November 10, 2021
- Views 12
• To provide efficient and safe transportation of authorized personnel and/or commodities
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Fleet Manager and the overall supervision of the Country Director, the Driver Mechanic will be expected to perform the following duties
• Provide transportation of authorized personnel including translation of basic conversations from/to the local language, and/or delivery of various items/commodities following authorized routing and UN safety and security rules and regulations to ensure safe and efficient services.
• Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport or other entry points and provide basic assistance with visa and customs formalities to facilitate smooth and safe entry and arrival to the authorized destinations.
• Responsible for accurate maintenance of the vehicle log books, and daily reporting to the supervisor on mechanical status, to ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption supporting accurate accounting and cost-efficiency.
• Responsible that the assigned vehicle is kept clean and in a good condition including all equipment, the maintenance is done on time, vehicle is fully equipped with all required and valid vehicle documents, travel authorizations and supplies, and any mechanical issues are reported to the supervisor to ensure safe and efficient services.
• Follow established rules and regulations for field deliveries and/or in cases of an accident, and report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent problems, to seek for instructions and facilitate informative decisions on the way forward.
• Plan and execute maintenance and smaller repairs on light vehicles, trucks and other technical assets in coordination with the direct supervisor.
• Outside driving duties, perform basic office related tasks such as filing, photocopying and maintaining spare parts stores when required including delivery/collection of various items, mailing service and payment of office telephone and other bills to ensure administrative support to clients, and perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Skills :
• Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads and conditions, and security issues.
• Good understanding of transport services and ability to coordinate routes and schedules for other Drivers.
• Knowledge of driving rules and regulations whichever applicable.
• Knowledge of safety standards and safety equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers, warning triangle, etc.)
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to assess vehicles and trucks for mechanical fitness and skills in vehicle repairs.
• Knowledge of the vehicle loading capacity and other parameters.
• Knowledge and ability to use radio, email, telephone and other applications.
• Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic methods.
• Ability to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy and tact.
• Proven skills in vehicle mechanics.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Completion of secondary school education/Middle School Leaving Certificate (MSLC). Formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license/certification to operate assigned vehicle following local rules and regulations
• Two or more years of work experience as a Driver/Driver Mechanic, preferably in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a demonstrated safe driving record. Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans, trucks and other kinds of motorized vehicles.
• Experience in defensive driving and vehicle mechanics is mandatory.
• Fluency in English language.
Method of Application
Related Jobs (3)
Mechanical Supervisor – Process Plant at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited on November 9, 2021 Full Time
Chief Ventilation Engineer at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited on November 9, 2021 Full Time