Executive Driver at AngloGold Ashanti Limited
- Post Date:October 14, 2021
- Views 190
ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operate the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a work force of over 1400, including contractors.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Executive Driver
Contract Type/Duration: Permanent
Number of Position(s): One (1)
The Corporate Department seeks to engage the services of a competent and self-motivated employee as an Executive Driver to the Managing Director of the company
- To facilitate the movement of the Managing Director to and from the mine site
- Arrange for regular cleaning and maintenance services for the vehicle
- Ensure timely renewal of Managing Directors vehicle’s roadworthiness certificates at the Drivers’ Vehicle and Licensing Authority’s (DVLA) offices.
- Carry out daily vehicle maintenance checks and report any deficiency to the Engineering Department.
- Maintain and update vehicle logbooks and ensure to keep it safe
- Maintain awareness of current road systems and conditions by monitoring news and traffic reports, adjusting routes as and when necessary to avoid delays.
- To perform all legitimate duties assigned by the company as and when required
- GCE ‘O’ Level, SSCE, WASSCE or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Minimum of 10 years driving experience in a mining industry or similar environment
- Must be a holder of valid national driving licence of category ‘D’ and above.
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of safe driving techniques, how to recognize hazards and avoid collision
- Willing to work for long hours and carry out multiple tasks
- Strong ability to interact effectively with people of diverse culture and value
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal and communication skills.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all conversations and information heard during assignments.
- Be alert and aware of his surroundings
- Maintain a good physical shape, mental alertness, and a clean professional image
- Must be detail oriented and capable of remembering details
- Have defensive driving skills, good judgement, and foresight
- Experience in driving with public security agencies is an added advantage.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates should submit their application by clicking on “APPLY” button below before close of business on Friday, 22 October 2021. Applicants not contacted within 31 days of applying, should consider their application unsuccessful.