Expeditor at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Post Date:December 24, 2021
- Views 203
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Expeditor.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To ensure that the Expediting function is carried out to support and achieve the operational and strategic objectives of the Obuasi Redevelopment Project – Phase 3
- Ensure all orders are expedited pro-actively prior to due delivery dates
- Liaise with end-users and project team to monitor and expedite priority orders based on criticality
- Liaise with Scheduler to maintain and update the schedule with due delivery dates and highlight changes in delivery dates.
- Ensure deliveries are made in accordance with contractual requirements and Key Performance Indicator
- Hold meetings with poor performing suppliers and establish mitigating actions to ensure limiting of risk to the project schedule and resolve non-conformances
- Carry out expediting within the principles and support of the ethical practices of the Company
- Maintain record of written correspondence with suppliers
- Liaise with Ports and Harbour Unit (PHU) on daily shipment tracking reports
- Ensure shipment of export/import documentation is correct to avoid clearance delays and generate shipping tracking documents
- Update critical expediting register with shipment information and tracking
- Hold weekly meetings with Suppliers and freight forwarders to track deliveries, load planning and shipment schedules.
- Follow up on deliveries until they have reached Mine Site and ensure receipt of goods in the system.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Commercial qualification
5 years working experience in a commercial role
- SAP knowledge and experience is essential
- Sound knowledge and ability to work with Microsoft suite
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Be able to work as part of a team
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here