Fabricator – Process Plant at AngloGold Ashanti Limited
- Post Date:November 2, 2021
- Views 9
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Fabricator – Process Plant.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Fabricator – Process Plant reports to Mechanical Supervisor – Process Plant and is accountable for welding and fabrication activities (across all shifts) that contribute boiler making activities to refurbishment, maintenance and repair of the processing plant in a safe and compliant manner as instructed during refurbishment, later maintenance, of the Process Plant.
The work is to be executed in accordance with detailed tasking in accordance with applicable Government of Ghana and AGAG safety and environmental requirements.
- Work compliantly with the requirement of Government of Ghana Agencies, environmental, health & safety legislation and AGAG regulation.
- Accept personal responsibility for his own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work.
- Interface with Contractors as directed and/or Construction teams regarding mechanical work tasks for refurbishment works and planned works that support the overall work plan, schedule and expectations.
- Attend training, development and performance improvement training as required.
- Execute boiler making/ fabrication trade contribution to refurbishment and maintenance work items as tasked – compliant and in accordance with all relevant regulations from Government of Ghana and AGAG.
- Execute daily pre-start checks of equipment/tools prior to leaving workshop. Escalate and report any anomalies.
- Assess all equipment required for completion of the tasked work, create checklist and transport all tools necessary for task completion
- Recognize any machine or equipment anomalies that would indicate requirements for maintenance, report and escalate.
- Provide data and information to support the Maintenance Planner to close out work orders in SAP on completion of the tasked work for all process plant and equipment refurbishment and maintenance activities.
- Operate all equipment within the safe working envelope. For cranes, respect load movement and give correct instructions (to Rigger) for the Crane Operator and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
- Stop equipment operation if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary education level
- Certificate of successful completion of respected fabrication, welding or boilermaking trade apprenticeship (example: City and Guilds)
- Five (5) years of experience of post apprenticeship work in a fabrication trade
- Familiarity with the Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
- Wide fabrication experience
- Fully literate and numerate
- Fully competent in mechanical trade
- Knowledge in crane safe operation
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV
Method of Application
Related Jobs (3)
Mechanical Supervisor – Process Plant at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited on November 9, 2021 Full Time
Chief Ventilation Engineer at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited on November 9, 2021 Full Time