Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Field Account Manager at Standard Chartered Bank
- Post Date:November 18, 2021
- Views 150
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Responsible as the primary coverage and origination point for a portfolio of local subsidiaries clients in a country
- Responsible for working with the Global Account Manager (GAM) and, where relevant, the Regional Account Manager (RAM) to deliver the SCB network to our clients.
- Accountable for revenues, profitability and risk acceptance (AML, CDD and Credit) of the clients they cover at a country level.
- Responsible for executing country account plans of the clients being covered, establishing and maintaining an understanding of the client and their needs and steering the client relationship along with the relevant GAM or RAM where applicable.
- Work collaboratively with the GAM, RAM, and product partners to provide well-designed solutions that meet client needs
- Acts as a champion of the Bank’s brand, culture, and conduct standards
- Develop and maintain an understanding of clients’ business needs and decision making processes, and identify new opportunities for the Bank to add value.
- Partner with the broader coverage team of RMs, product specialists, and, where relevant industry specialist, as well as functional partners to deliver
- A clear account plan based on an understanding of client needs and outcomes
- Appropriate solutions for clients across relevant products
- client profitability, and meet commitments and financial performance objectives (revenue, costs, RoRWA, EVA etc.) agreed as part of the account planning and deal approval processes
- Establish effective working relationships with key client contacts Maintain a strong working relationship with Risk, Legal, Compliance and other key stakeholders
- Actively identify client needs across a full range of relevant products, originate new business by capitalising on bank competitive attributes (e.g. Network).
- Maximise the returns to the Bank whilst maintaining focus on client outcomes, and strengthening and deepening relationships at senior and operating levels in clients
- Ensure that product knowledge is continually developed and up to date e.g. credit, FX, cash, and trade.
- Stay abreast of and anticipate the developments in markets in which their clients operate
- Proactively manage the designated client portfolio to ensure:
- Risks are appropriately identified and managed.
- The client portfolio is managed in compliance with the regulatory environment, keeping up to date with applicable changes and Group policies with ability to contribute to policy formulation
- Key regulatory risks and concerns are raised through the governance framework and with Banking management
- Adhere to relevant sales disciplines in accordance with CIB standards e.g. Account Planning, Call Reports, Deal Pipeline Management, and static data management
- Take the initiative regarding regulatory, reputational and ethical matters, and provide proactive advice to clients on these issues
- Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct and ensure adherence to the highest standards of ethics and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations,
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which country operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for challenging colleagues effectively on regulatory and ethical or conduct issues and working effectively with regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Drive to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
- Engage with product partners within the country to ensure breadth and depth of client coverage and deepening.
- Engage with RMs on relevant client account management activities
- Consult with stakeholders in Risk, Legal, and Compliance to ensure that the portfolio remains credit worthy and within the policies of the bank.
- Client contacts at all levels
- Peers in the Corporate Banking sector
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor degree in Banking or Finance preferred.
- Ideally 5+ years experience in banking or other relevant environment
- Risk & AML certified as stipulated by Bank policy
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Related Jobs (3)
Job Vacancy For Director, Corporate and Institutional Banking on August 16, 2019 Full Time
Chief Financial Officer To Mange Expenses on May 29, 2015 Part Time
Linux Systems Administrator on May 29, 2015 Volunteer