Finance Coordinator at Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana
- Post Date:August 30, 2020
- Views 29
The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) is a voluntary, not for profit organization that undertakes advocacy and service delivery in Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) in Ghana. PPAG is a Member Association (MA) of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF).
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Accra
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
- The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG), an NGO and a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), and a leading provider of Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) education and services, hereby invites result-oriented and committed persons to apply for the following vacant position to be filled in the Association.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares MA’s and Regional consolidated project’s monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual reports and any other reports that may be assigned
- Coordinate and ensure that MA’s Regional project returns are received, reviewed, properly coded and entered into the accounting system.
- Prepares project’s consolidated final accounts and supporting schedules for the end- of -year audits
- Provides Technical support to project staff and other implementing Mas staff and advise management on further capacity needs
- Coordinates and ensure that funds are available for project implementation
- Assists in the preparation of PPAG final accounts
- Undertakes monthly supervision of the update of Project’s Fixed Asset Register
- Prepares monthly Bank Reconciliation statements
- Assists in preparation of project budget, Annual Programme and Budget (APB) and any other financial information to Management for decision-making.
- Prepares Annual Workplans and completes Performance Appraisal Form
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
Qualification Required & Experience
- A first degree in Accounting or its equivalent. Partly qualified in any recognized Professional Accountancy Body will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant working experience.,
- Proficiency in computer skills, spreadsheet, accounting packages (such as QuickBooks and Great Plain) and MS Word, Excel, Power Point is required.
- Good working knowledge in Accpac Accounting Software is preferable.
The Person Must:
- Have good working knowledge in the use of the computer
- Have experience in providing technical support to other staff
- Have very good interpersonal, communication, and report writing skills
- Be honest, transparent and reliable
- Have high sense of responsibility, accuracy and judgmental skills
- Be team player and able to work for long hours and under pressure
- Be able to work with little or no supervision and have an eye for details
Method of Application
All interested persons with requisite qualification(s), should kindly send their Application Letters with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), including two referees and cell phone numbers to:
Closing Date: 03 September, 2020
- Any PPAG Volunteer who is interested in the position above must attach evidence of resignation to the application.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview.