Head of Ghana at Uber
- Post Date:November 11, 2021
- Views 625
We are looking for the leader of our Ghana Business, to be responsible for orchestrating our business strategy, and be the region’s touch point for central operations teams.
The Country Manager is at the heart of our drive to make Uber both big and beloved by the people that matter in the cities we serve. We are on the front line when it comes to shaping regulation, advocating for our vision for urban mobility, striking strategic partnerships and celebrating cities in ways only Uber can. This role is particularly exciting as Ghana has some big opportunities to tap into and is a market with complex dynamics.
You will build and champion various channels for Uber to grow our business and raise our profile as shaper of urban mobility. This role will be the interface between Uber and our key partners in our cities (i.e. regulation and policy makers, press, existing transport operators, supply networks, customers, corporates to name a few).
We are seeking a passionate, collaborative, and inspirational local business leader reporting to the Sub-Saharan Africa General Manager. The ideal candidate is analytical, has an understanding of the mechanics of business strategy, project management, communication and stakeholder management skills to keep multiple projects on track and lead a wide variety of stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
- You will be responsible for the growth of our cities. This will include building a sustainable growth trajectory with focus on growth, expansion and fierce P&L management
- Guide regional operations and marketing investment decisions to efficiently grow the business and meet bold targets
- Collaborate with regional ops and marketing teams with guidance as the local subject matter expert and as project manager to ensure complete execution
- Work with our policy team, maintain and grow strong working relationships with local and national government regulators, work with regional and HQ product teams to deliver product outcomes for our riders and driver partners
- Engage with local organisations and businesses to develop partnerships that benefit Uber drivers and riders
What You’ll Need
- A minimum of 6 years in business management experience in operations, consulting, strategy, technology, business development or a similar area. P&L ownership is a plus
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgement
- Experience dealing with complex data sets, deriving insights and ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans
- Creative solutions driven approach and willingness to get on the ground to make Uber a better experience for all
- Effective project management – experience delivering on a multifaceted project with many stakeholders
- Stellar relationship building skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen, from negotiation to execution
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Very strong communication and organization skills