Head, Scholarly Communication Unit at University of Cape Coast
- Post Date:October 6, 2021
- Views 45
The University of Cape Coast invites applications from suitably qualified and competent professionals for the position of Head, Scholarly Communication Unit (Scholarly Communication Librarian).
• Develop, analyse and implement policies relating to resources and services for the University Scholarly Communications Unit.
• Coordinate the management of the University Journals.
• Digital Archiving of the University Journals and other related Research outputs.
• Develop and manage Online Journal Management Systems for the University.
• Provide technical support such as requisition of ISBN, ISSN, DOI, Copyright. Licensing, Intellectual Property and Open Access Publishing.
• Promote and market UCC Journals and related research outputs.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in Scholarly Communications including Editors of UCC Journals, Researchers, Librarians, Publishers and Policy makers etc.
• Provide consultation expertise and training for UCC staff on relevant topics related to scholarly publishing.
• Develop equitable access and sustainable publishing models for the University.
Qualified applicant will be directly responsible to the University Librarian, Sam Jonah Library but ultimately to the Vice Chancellor.
Qualification Required & Experience
Candidates seeking appointment to this position:
• Must possess PhD in the following subject areas: Scholarly Communication, Scientific Publishing, Publishing, Information Technology or related field.
• Minimum of two years working experience in an Academic, Research or related institution.
• Knowledge of the Scholarly Communication Landscape, Research data management, Publishing, Copyright, Licensing, Open Access etc.