Internal Auditor at Vlisco Ghana Cluster
- Post Date:November 4, 2021
- Views 161
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To provide independent, objective assurance and advice to management to optimize being-in-control of the Vlisco Group Ghana operations, by planning and conducting financial, compliance, and business process audit.
POLICY, TACTICS, AND PROCEDURES
• Developing and implementing the annual Internal Audit Plan for approval by Management.
• Complete preliminary audit survey, risk assessment, and analytic review of risk areas.
• Propose audit objectives, scope, and audit approach based on audit survey, risk assessment, and analytic reviews.
• Prepare organized, accurate, and competent work papers to ensure that documentation supports the conclusions regarding each audit objective.
• Maintain the Internal Audit function, by periodically updating relevant documentation (e.g. Standard Operating procedures, Audit programs).
• Execute the approved Internal Audit Plan by performing financial, compliance, and business process audit.
• Perform audits from an investigative/suspicious approach.
• Intervene in the site or departments through different methods: observation, dialogue, tests, etc.
• Participate, advise in the development and optimization of business processes and set-up of the company’s automated systems
• Conduct special assignments and projects at request. Examples of special assignments, but not limited to, are fraud investigation, data conversion, due diligence.
REPORTING AND RECOMMENDATIONS
• Provide information and sound recommendations to management, establish written reports and work with management to obtain agreement on action plans to address audit issues.
• Report monthly to Management concerning the status of the implementation of the audit plan, key findings, and the status of the implementation of the recommendations.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of a first degree in Accountancy/Finance or related discipline. Professional qualification (s) in Accounting, Finance, or Auditing is essential.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in auditing carried out within a multinational organization (preferably in a wholesale, retail, and production environment).
• Thorough knowledge of internal auditing standards and techniques.
• Knowledge of and compliance with the Institute of Internal Auditor’s (IIA) International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing Framework (IPPF).
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, to interact effectively with management and Vlisco Group employees.
• Ability to maintain positive team relationships by demonstrating and supporting initiative, flexibility, respect, cooperation, and commitment to the success of the Internal Audit function.
• Multidisciplinary and multicultural understanding.
• PC literate advanced Excel and PowerPoint, experience with financial reporting tools (e.g. Sun Account/Business).
• Willingness to travel across Ghana