IT Manager at Jumia Group
- Post Date:November 10, 2021
- Views 159
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
Main Duties & Responsibilities
You will manage our local IT teams, namely, our in-house System Administration and Network Engineering team, VoIP engineering team and Local IT Support teams. You’ll be responsible for ensuring the development, monitoring and maintenance of our Local Network Infrastructure/Systems and IT support on a daily basis. You will act as the bridge between Jumia’s central IT team and the local IT team. You should be hands-on enough to work with and challenge your teams but have enough management and soft skills to step back and bridge the gap between local engineering and business stakeholders.
- Manage multifunctional local IT teams of all physical locations on the country
- Manage local IT assets according to the company’s IT policies
- Plan and budget for local IT assets needs
- In-house internal systems and network infrastructure deployment, management and maintenance
- Documentation of deployed solutions
- Responsibility for security policies deployment
- Monitoring solutions’ deployment and analysis on the implemented systems (Icinga, Graylog, Grafana)
- IT Support Ticketing system metrics monitoring
- IT assets inventory system monitoring
- Respect and follow the code of conduct, general rules and principles of the company
- Fulfill other duties that are necessary for company well-being, safety and security
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years experience managing multifunctional IT teams
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience as a system administrator in the Linux environment using CentOS/Debian/Ubuntu, Windows Server and related services
- Windows Server and related services (AD, GPO, WSUS) and Centralized AV System
- Computer Science (BSc CS), Network and System Administration (B. Eng.) or equivalent work experience
- Cisco Certified Network Associate certification (CCNA)
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment;
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world;
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth given the challenges that we propose you to take.
Method of Application