Job Vacancy For Biology Laboratory Technician
- Post Date:October 19, 2021
- Views 19
• To support the work of students and teachers in the biology laboratory by providing technical support, preparation of experiments and ensuring the right materials and equipment are procured and used in carrying out experiments. In addition, providing support for students in their research essay is a key element of the role.
• Provide assistance to teachers in classes and laboratory sessions as well as providing technical advice to students.
• Assistance to teachers and students could take the form of preparation of solutions, standardization of solutions, preparation of culture media and sterilization of culture among others
• Work with individual students on their research project
• Ensure that health and safety protocols are followed in the laboratory at all times
• Explain and demonstrate the use of equipment to students
• Prepare experiments and equipment needed prior to the practical demonstration
• Maintain a laboratory inventory, ensure proper storage of equipment and prepare requisite orders for new materials and equipment
• Run trials of experiments before classes
• Ensure the maintenance of laboratory equipment before and after use in experiments
• Accompany students on field trips
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum HND in Laboratory Technology
• Work experience in Microbiology, Plant Biology and Field Ecology
• Strong communication, analytical and research skills as well as a strong scientific and technical knowledge
• A strong passion for working with students (particularly in regard to conducting research on aspects of their work to give them relevant advice)
How To Apply For The Job
Your documents should include:
• A Cover Letter
• A Resumé /C.V.
• All copies of certificates stated in your Resumé/C.V.
All application documents should be emailed to: