Job Vacancy For Family Planning and MNCH Program Officer
- Post Date:October 6, 2021
- Views 72
TITLE: Family Planning and Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health Program Officer
PROJECT: Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (USAID GHSC-PSM) Ghana
The USAID GHSC-PSM Project is the primary vehicle through which USAID provides supply chain technical assistance to the Ministry of Health and Ghana Health Service to 1) procure and provide health commodities, 2) improve Ghana’s management of the supply chain, and 3) collaborate with key stakeholders to support global health initiatives.
The Family Planning and Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health Program Officer will report directly to the USAID GHSC-PSM Public Health Programs Team Lead and will provide technical support to and routinely liaise with the Ministry of Health (MOH), Ghana Health Services and other counterparts to ensure in-country contraceptive, family planning, maternal neonatal and child health (MNCH) commodity availability.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
• Provide technical assistance and logistical support for supervision of contraceptive, family planning and MNCH commodity distribution, liaising closely with the MOH to ensure commodity availability in Ghana.
• Coordinate and provide technical support to the MOH and the Ghana Health Service (GHS) in national forecasting and quantification of contraceptive, family planning and MNCH commodities to prepare and update supply plans to donors.
• Provide oversight in the management of the pipeline of commodities.
• Assist the MOH with drafting and submitting commodity procurement requests for USAID-funded contraceptive, family planning and MNCH commodities and in monthly commodity distribution planning to ensure health facilities have sufficient stock to meet patient needs.
• Contribute to, and participate in condom promotion activities, particularly on strengthening the coordination between the public and private sector and civil society.
• Regularly report on stock status of commodities, as well as health facility performance in security related to contraceptive and family planning commodities and case management.
• Assist with End Use Verification (EUV) exercises, ensuring that MOH and GHS staff is cognizant of data collection methodologies.
• Provide technical assistance to MOH in conducting and measuring performance monitoring and supervision activities at the health facility level.
• Inform leadership of potential short-term technical assistance needs as required.
• Assist with preparing annual work plans, quarterly and annual reports, activity reports and other related communications.
• Provide and/or organize technical assistance and training for MOH and GHS staff across all levels in contraceptive and family planning as well as MNCH commodity management.
• Collaborate with other members of the Systems Strengthening team focused on capacity building and MIS to have a harmonized approach to ensuring MOH and GHS staff are equipped with the skills to address supply chain needs.
• Collaborate with MoH/GHS and key stakeholders to build capacity and utilize the GhiLMIS.
• Perform other duties as required and assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
• Bachelor’s degree in health systems, public policy, supply chain, or a related field required; advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum five (5) years of relevant work experience.
• Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project preferred.
• Experience building effective relationships with cooperating partners and stakeholders, especially government counterparts at national and regional levels.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with demonstrated diplomacy and the ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
• Fluency in English required.
Level of Effort and Location
This is a long-term position and will be based in Accra, with intermittent travel throughout the country.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.