Logistics Manager at Reputable Company
- Post Date:August 30, 2020
- Views 35
To manage the total logistics business of the Company. Reporting to the CEO, the Logistics Manager will provide strategic direction for the entire operations of the logistics business; identifying and leading the short and long term strategy for growth.
- Contribute to setting strategic goals, budgets and policies to enhance profitability and return on investment.
- Develop an integrated business plan that optimizes market share and profitability.
- Conduct strategic review of performance on a regular basis to ensure the achievement of goals.
- Provide leadership consistent with company values and holding employees accountable for their performance.
- Provide commercial support and participate in tender proceedings;
- Negotiate pricing and service level agreements;
- Ensure the effective management of stakeholders and processes relating to shipment to ensure compliance with Customs requirements.
- Establish systems to expedite/reduce delays of shipments in transit and during customs clearance.
- Design, implement, monitor and review the Logistics processes to ensure continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Operations Management or equivalent qualifications. MBA is a plus
- 10+ years of experience in the shipping and freight management industry or related experience
- Expertise in logistics management and understanding of customs regulations
- Entrepreneurial at heart, with keen interest in managing a scalable organization.
- A highly driven individual with an executional focus and a strong sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change initiatives and drive process excellence
- Ability to sustainably execute on projects across multiple functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified employees must forward their cover letters together with their most recent CV’s and employee number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB : Indicate the position you are applying for as the subject of your email.
Deadline: 15th September 2020