Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Manager, Plan to Perform, Africa at Standard Chartered Bank
- Post Date:October 26, 2021
- Views 15
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- This role provides performance management and analytics support to country finance team in the areas of CIB and CPBB.
- Preparing, reviewing, and providing performance management information.
- Explaining movements in financial balances clearly and succinctly, demonstrating an understanding of the underlying drivers.
- Providing commentaries to countries on key movements in their cost and revenue.
- Partnering with countries to prepare and submit annual corporate plans and forecast.
- Drive Performance management and Analytics – Provide trend analysis and commentaries on Balance sheet and P&L across the west Africa sub-region.
- Track business performance against budget and forecasts, providing an explanation of variances and other observations to key stakeholders.
- Produce key financial reports backed with relevant insights to country finance teams, CFOs and the Group on products and segments performance.
- Continuously improve productivity and reporting standards prescribed from time to time.
- Deliver business efficiency through partnership with country and business finance resources in identifying and delivering cost save initiatives for the bank.
- Support implementation of Group projects.
- Partner with country finance in preparing and submitting budget/forecast numbers to Group and where necessary challenge assumptions and abnormalities.
- Develop scripts to extract, review data from systems such as MRC (Management Reporting Cube), PSGL, Tableau and FA (Financial Analytics)
People and Talent
- Leadership skills and ability to influence others in decision making
- Ability to multi-task through effective prioritization
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ensuring reporting obligations are met on time and to a high quality.
- Identity and report any forward-looking risks in the unit.
- Maintenance of Department Operating Instructions (DOIs)
- Provision of inputs to the monthly Functional Operational Risk Team Meeting (FORTM)
- Provision of End-User-Computing (EUC) updates to the Group.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- AME Regional Financial Planning and Analytics team
- Cluster CFOs
- Country CFOs
- Country FCs
- Country Finance Team
- Degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics or its equivalent.
- Chartered Accountant or MBA with 5+ years working experience in Accounting or Finance process re-engineering (is an added advantage).
Method of Application
Related Jobs (4)
Job Vacancy For Director, Corporate and Institutional Banking on August 16, 2019 Full Time