Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Market Coordinator at Taptap Send
- Post Date:November 2, 2021
- Views 125
Taptap Send is backed by top VCs (Spark, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital, etc.), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words or TechCrunch article (outdated)
Launched in 2019, Taptap is tapping into a transformative shift in global finance: from banks to phones. While this has affected wealthier countries as well, it has been nothing short of a revolution for the emerging markets where the overwhelming majority of population had been unable to access digital finance previously. Its first product, Taptap Send, allows immigrants to send money home instantly and with no fee, saving money in the process. With a formal market size of >700B alone, we’ve got a lot more saving to do for our users. And that’s just the beginning….
Spark Capital, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital (Jim Breyer), Unbound (Shravin Mittal), Wamda (Fadi Ghandour), Firstminute Capital, Slow Ventures (Sam Lessin), Helios Partners (Souleymane Ba), Co-ventures (Ali Hamed), Nikesh Arora, Samih Toukan, and many other context-specific angels
The Role (6-month contract with potential for extension)
As Market Coordinator, you will help Taptap Send solidify and accelerate its growth in Ghana. The role offers the chance to partner with an early-stage, hyper-growth startup where you will directly have an impact on the lives of hundreds of thousands of people. You will report to the Business Development Manager for sub- Saharan Africa.
- Work with telecoms and other key partners (e.g. aggregators, banks, central bank) to solidify existing and build new partnerships in Ghana
- Support growth and business development efforts, including:
- Conduct customer research with transfer senders and recipients on a regular basis.
- Brainstorm on new opportunities and partnerships that can help us deliver on our value proposition in Ghana.
- Hold various face to face meetings with key individuals.
- Recommending marketing and communication channels to gain visibility in Ghana.
- Visiting mobile money pick-up locations (POSs) across Ghana to understand service performance and overall customer experience
- Driving operational implementation with payment providers and ambassador programs on the ground.
- Finding test senders and recipients for cross border transactions (sourcing users across various phone and payment networks)
- 1-3+ years in a high-growth environment or world-class firm
- ‘Right to work’ in Ghana and currently based in Accra
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Fluent in English, knowledge of Twi an added advantage
Also, you are:
- Outgoing – you should love speaking to people and enjoy building relationships with customers and community members across cultures
- Execution oriented – we are an early-stage startup with an “impact-first” philosophy and a lot to be done. You should be able to overturn objections, accelerate “point A to point B”, and sprint towards outcomes
- Poised – the role will require you to be the face of the company in front of various partners
- Competitive salary
- Flexible hours
- Regular team events
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Related Jobs (2)
Computer Systems Manager Marketing on May 29, 2015 Volunteer
C Developer .Net Software House on December 28, 2013 Temporary