Materials Planning Superintendent at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Post Date:November 18, 2021
- Views 164
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as MATERIALS PLANNING SUPERINTENDENT.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
This role is responsible for overseeing all materials requirement planning and control on the mine. The position will require enhancing communications, engagements and collaborative planning with Mining, Processing, Maintenance and coordination with Warehousing, Purchasing, PHU and Regional Materials Management team at CAR on a routine basis.
The role holder is accountable for the implementation and maintenance of relevant Materials management systems, methods, policies, processes and standards, including SAP Materials Master data quality in the Obuasi context and reporting to the Commercial Manager in terms of Inventory performance targets, such as Service levels, Inventory optimization and working capital management, stock levels, demand management, Inventory classification and controls, including minimization of obsolescence as well as processes that lead to a balanced flow of materials through the Operations to mitigate any material related risks in compliance with AGA CAR materials management and integrated Supply Chain management framework.
- Review and recommend improvements to processes and procedures, including governance systems for cataloguing or coding of new stock and non-stock items in SAP, placing them in the correct PSMS buckets to maintain quality of SAP Materials Master data and the Obuasi catalogue structure for effective materials management.
- Provide technical inputs into SAP materials coding and cataloguing process, liaising with the CAR Materials Master Data Specialist and Site Materials Engineer to ensure the quality of data while interfacing seamlessly between the MM and PM modules of SAP.
- Ensure all SAP Planned Orders are thoroughly reviewed with End-users before translation into purchase requisitions and ultimate conversion into purchase orders
- Manage PR to Site delivery lead times of all materials efficiently to ensure materials are available when and where required.
- Sustain the operationalisation of the MRP models and systems for forecasting, planning, replenishment and control of spares, chemicals, reagents and other consumables as reviewed and driven through SAP including the frequency of programmed MRP runs per week
- Consolidate Materials Planning activities, resource requirements and capability development cost estimates through training needs and gap analysis for the Materials Planning Team into the budget and make necessary recommendations.
- Adopt collaborative planning initiatives with all departments to obtain correct forecasts in new projects planning and scheduling regarding, critical materials, spares and consumable requirements and delivery timelines into the materials budget and forecasts estimates for the identified projects
- Develop plans to increase knowledge and understanding of application of materials planning systems, models and outputs into mining, engineering and metallurgical plant operations and projects.
- Engage end-users to integrate materials requirements planning into their operations and maintenance planning and scheduling at both higher and lower levels of their planning schemes.
- Develop the capacity to engage at the highest levels of the organization in terms of ability to engage management on matters related to materials Planning and budgetary requirements, associated risks assessment and long term operations impact analysis.
- Integrate planning models with physical storage, conditioning and preservation of materials at the warehouse
- Collect and interpret data to a high standard of quality assurance and control through objective assessments and interpretation of SAP stock replenishment reports and procurement recommendations.
- Complete internal and statutory weekly and monthly reports as required by your Manager with regards to the following KPIs:
- Stock value,
- Stock turn rates
- Stock turnover,
- Service level,
- Obsolete and potential obsolete stock reports,
- Lines of new stock introductions,
- Value of new stock introductions,
- Weekly additions to inventory
- Weekly chemicals and reagents stock cover
- Critical inventory reports to site and CAR
- Critical spares service levels,
- Monthly quality complaints received and resolved,
- Weekly and monthly engagements with CAR supply chain and systems teams
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly operational reports as discussed and agreed with the Commercial Manager.
- Any other reporting requirements
- Work collaboratively with all sections and units within the mine’s supply chain including PHU, Warehouse, Purchasing, Expediting, Contracts and external partners, DSV and ADB while providing all required data, information, reports, guidance and support as inputs into their work
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or Operations management
- Membership of APICS, CIPS-UK or any equivalent professional organization will be an added advantage.
- At least twelve (12) years’ experience with good knowledge of integrated materials planning, control and logistics in mining, oil & gas or manufacturing operations or environment.
- A Team lead for a minimum of 5 years.
- Inventory planning and controls forecasting & statistical modelling
- Ability to align inventory management with commodity strategies and working capital management
- Ability to achieve a balance among stock-out risks, service level targets and investments in inventory.
- Negotiation Skills
- Team leadership
- Diligence, dedication and highly analytical with eye for details