Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at World Vision Ghana
- Post Date:October 26, 2021
- Views 122
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
World Vision Ghana is seeking to recruit a candidate for the position of a Project Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)Officer to ensure effective management of a 5-year World Vision USA-supported Africa Let the Little Children Come Every Last One (ELO) Christian Discipleship Project in 10 Area Programmes across 10 multiple districts. The Project seeks to strengthen and deepen 44,160 girls and boys, adolescents and adults’ relationship and connection with God through Christian Discipleship. The Officer will assist the Project Co-ordinator in tracking project implementation for the achievement of set targets. The M&E Officer has the overall responsibility to implement monitoring and evaluation activities on the Project, including developing and managing the project’s monitoring, evaluation and learning framework to ensure quality of implementation and generate high quality data for measuring progress, reporting and adaptive management. The M&E Officer would be responsible for initiating and leading all project assessments and co-ordinate research and learning actions – with technical backstopping from the WVG PM&E Manager.
Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Support the development of the Project MEARL framework aligned with the Project’s global and National Office (NO) frameworks, quality requirements/standards.
- Ensure the integration of the Project’s Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Research and Learning (MEARL) System to the National Office MEARL System.
- Responsible for the design and review of the Project’s MEARL tools.
- Assist in the development, adoption and usage of innovative MEARL tools.
- Track project implementation,
- Support project assessments such as project baseline, mid-term assessment and evaluation.
Data Management, Research and Learning
- Ensure all project databases are timely updated.
- Compile and refine project related data from a variety of sources including public domain, field observation, and existing data bases.
- Perform regular quality control checks of databases to ensure data integrity.
- Support the verification of the accuracy and validity of data entered in databases and ensure that errors are corrected.
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Prepare tables, graphs and written reports summarizing project M&E data
- Collect, document, edit, analyze and present all relevant project data for reports.
- Lead and ensure the preparation of project-related reports (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually), presentations, impact stories, publications and other technical reports.
- Track and report all project interventions.
Technical Support and Capacity Building
- Support to build the capacity of project team in data collection, data input, ensuring high quality of data.
- Provide support to the NO and other entities on any project related needs.
- Provide support to partners, and communities for the development and implementation of project related M&E initiatives.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and partners on the project MEARL system, and all planning, monitoring and evaluation processes that support the project.
- Support other key National Level deliverables under the Programme Effectiveness unit.
Education: A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in development studies, social sciences, child development, religious studies, or other related fields from a recognized institution. Recognized certification in M&E is an added advantage.
Experience: Minimum of two years of experience in a lead or supporting role on programme/project implementation, M&E, data management including considerable knowledge of computerized information system. Knowledge in M&E System Design and Implementation, evidence generation, data management, graphs designs, presentations and data visualization are added advantages.
Work environment: Field-based
Travel: Frequent travels to project implementing districts.