Pharmacist - Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital
- Post Date:October 18, 2021
- Views 94
- To provide comprehensive and quality pharmaceutical services and care to patients/clients in the hospital.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide quality pharmaceutical care to clients in the health facility in accordance with the standards of Pharmaceutical care and accompanying Standard Operations Procedures (SOPs) and Guidance for Pharmaceutical Services.
- Provide medicines information, advice, and counseling services to other health staff and patients/clients to enhance therapeutic outcomes.
- Ensure the safe and secure storage and handling of medicine in the hospital.
- Promote the activities of the Drug and Therapeutics Committee (DTC) and Rational Use of Medicines (RUM) in the hospital.
- Ensure that quality, safe, efficacious, and affordable pharmaceutical products and devices are supplied to patients/clients.
- Ensure the efficient collection, storage, processing, and utilization of data in pharmacy to inform management and clinical care decisions.
- Undertake central intravenous additives services in accordance with the level of care in the hospital.
- Manufacture of sterile and non-sterile products and reconstitution of drugs for both in-patients and out-patients of the hospital.
- To participate in approved operational research in pharmaceutical care with a view to disseminating the results.
- Participate in the provision of clinical/ward pharmacy services with the healthcare team in the hospital.
- Apply appropriate store-keeping techniques for ensuring the constant availability of medicines.
- To ensure optimal storage conditions of all drugs.
- Report on Adverse Drugs Reactions using appropriate forms
- Required Skills or Experience
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Experience
Doctor of Pharmacy/Degree in Pharmacy ad a registered Pharmacist plus at least one(1) year internship.
Skills and Personal Attribute
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work, lead and manage a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to organize workload, work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate flexibility and a methodological approach to work.
- Ability to take initiative and influence others positively.
How To Apply
Interested persons are to submit their applications with detailed CVs, names of three referees (who will be willing to provide a confidential reports on them), and not more the two pages Vision Statement for the position to
Applicants should reach the address below no later than October 27, 2021
The Chief Executive
Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital
P. O. Box 1934