Project Manager at SNV
- Post Date:November 8, 2021
- Views 148
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
SNV currently aims more explicitly for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation, with decentralised management. Our Global Support Unit (70 staff) backstops our teams around the world.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
SNV has been present in Ghana since 1992 and is currently seeking applicants for a full-time position for a Project Manager on one of its WASH Projects.
The Project Manager is part of SNV Country Office Team. The Project Manager leads and manages the planning, implementation of all components of the WASH Project within scope, budget, timeline and required quality levels along the commitments specified in the contracts signed with the donor(s) and other relevant stakeholders. The Project Manager works in line with SNV standards, SNV`s approach to project management and donor regulations, in order to achieve high quality, be compliant and achieve the agreed results and deliverables of the project. He/she shall ensures the project objectives and results are achieved with quality and to the expectation of the donor.
He/she will provide technical leadership and managerial oversight of the project, including and among others, ensuring the timely and successful implementation of SNV’s work, reporting of activities and project deliverables, and overall coordination of the project in the implementing districts.
Duties & Responsibilities
The key responsibilities of the Project Manager will include the following:
- Project set-up and design
Initiates contract handover from the Business Development Team. Sets up and communicates administrative, governance, accounting, HR, M&E structures and procedures for the project. Initiates implementation of the project plan upon approval of donor(s) and/or country director, in accordance to the SNV project management procedures, relevant SNV structures and procedures, accounting principles, donor requirements and contracted commitments.
- Project Management
Leads, manages and motivates the project team, partners and relevant stakeholders. Plans and assigns deliverables and activities, monitors and reviews their progress and addresses deviations in terms of timelines and quality, based on project planning, deliverables agreed and budget set. Manages project closure and evaluation process including hand-over of complete and up-to-date project file to Sector Leader, Country Director and Business Development unit based on project management procedures.
- Project quality assurance
Takes responsibility for the (technical) content of a project, ensures quality of the deliverables and ensures sufficient technical input to meet the quality standards.
- Contract Management & Project Accounting
Manages and accounts for full compliance of administrative, finance and HR components of the project with SNV internal procedures and requirements specified in the donor, sub-grant, sub-consultancy and partner. Ensures that approval for, coding and booking of all expenditures is done according to the relevant procedures and authorization levels. Prepares, accounts for, manages and reports on project budget (and revisions thereof). Discusses and obtains approval of donor for contract / budget deviations. Ensures security and (financial risk) mitigation (incl. due diligence). Fully understands procurement and comply with requirements and contracts.
- People Management & Team Leadership
Guides, develops, coaches and motivates team members and prepares resource estimation based on forecast in order to attract and recruit (SNV staff, consultants and/or service providers). Advises HR and country management on contract conditions for consultants and service providers within guidelines and project budget.
- Business development
Builds and maintains effective relationships with the team, external partners and the donor(s) by ensuring a high level of SNV visibility and branding. Signals and acts on potential for positioning, innovation, upscaling and potential follow up on projects. Timely recognizes and analyses threats and makes sure relevant colleagues are informed.
- Analysis & Reporting
Ensures collection, consolidation and review of project information, according to SNV’s monitoring and evaluation guidelines. Analyses and provides advice to management how to incorporate the new insights/best practices into the organization’s policies and practices.
- Knowledge Development
Contributes to internal and external knowledge development, by full documentation and sharing of project insights and results. Develops knowledge by attending workshops and conferences. Ensures lessons learned are shared and applied in daily practice. When applicable can be appointed as (national) focal point of an expertise network.
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in International development, Business Administration, Water Supply and Sanitation Engineering, Sustainable Development or related field;
- Have at least seven (7) years’ experiences in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) sector programmes in rural, peri-urban and urban environments and inter-sectoral working relationships, including within the environmental sciences, health and education development sector.
- Experience in Governance, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
- Hands-on experience working with national/regional/district structures to implement sustainable WASH programmes.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective partnerships and strategic alliances (Bilateral/Multilateral Donors, Local NGOs, Regional Bodies)
- Substantial experience establishing and managing donor relations;
- Demonstrated project management expertise and excellent knowledge of the full Project Cycle.
- Ability to interpret project information and to identify and analyse implementation issues
- Proven experience in managing multidisciplinary and multicultural teams; excellent ability to work in a team
- Solid planning, analysis and prioritization skills
- Good financial management skills related to project management
- Effective time management and very good organizational skills
- Demonstrate tact and diplomacy in contacts with third parties
- Knowledge of usual office software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and regular communication channels (Internet, email, Skype)
- Fluency in English with strong writing skills is required
- Willingness to travel to all project locations within Ghana
Application and Selection Process
Application Guidelines: Please read these carefully. Failure to comply will adversely affect your application.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here