Public Relations Specialist III at Compassion International
- Post Date:October 14, 2021
- Views 77
This seasoned specialist researches, develops, maintains, and implements policies and programs that enhance the organization’s reputation and relationships; this person aids in cultivating the organization’s relations with the community, government and regulatory entities, employees, donors, and other key stakeholders. The specialist further coordinates and disseminates the organization’s communications with news or trade media contacts through special events, public speaking, or other means used to reach defined audience and program needs. At this career level, the incumbent generally conducts public relations projects independently or participates as a team member for major, complex, public relations initiatives. He or she may coach and oversee the work of other specialists.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understands Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commits to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abides by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Reports any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately supports responses to incidents if they occur.
- Manages and executes internal and external communications strategy including messaging, public relations and media relations.
- Promotes clear and consistent communication materials to support and enhance the organization’s brand/identity and core messaging.
- Plans, develops, and publishes external communication (including press kits, press releases, annual reports, byline articles, storylines/pitch decks, web content, corporate messaging, and other PR vehicles). He or she may also develop and maintain lines of communication with media contacts and other external audience groups.
- Coordinates with media to prepare and relay communication concerning the organization for the press and wider community with the purpose of enhancing relationships with all of the organization’s various publics in order to generate mutual understanding, goodwill, awareness and support.
- May coordinate social media initiatives and produce corresponding materials in alignment with communication projects.
- Works cross-functionally to maintain the organization’s brand, including updating the style guide and editorial standards/policies.
- Coaches and provides expertise to other professionals and support staff in the public relations discipline.
- Carries out other relevant duties and assignment that may be assigned by manager.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- 7+ years Relevant experience working in this or a related field.
- Very good presentation skills.
- Strong written and oral abilities. Leadership skills are necessary for overseeing projects.
- Must also develop research and proofreading skills to ensure all materials are high quality and accurate.
- Must possess analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle pressure constructively to produce exceptional results.
- Able to multitask effectively.
- Highly creative and adaptable.
- Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above
Office – Standard Office Environment
May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule.