Purchasing/Procurement Jobs In Accra : Procurement Specialist - World Bank
- Post Date:October 19, 2021
- Views 95
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty and promoting shared prosperity.
With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org.
Western and Central Africa (AFW) Region
We need the best and brightest talent focused on Sub-Saharan African countries in order to harness the potential and innovation happening across the continent. Africa is a continent on the move, with a young population and a growing market of nearly 1.2bn people. We are committed to making the Africa regional teams into leading innovation hubs.
Yet, these vast opportunities are tempered by persistent gaps in education, health, and skills, which have Africa only reaching forty percent of its estimated potential. Moreover, conflict, food insecurity, population growth, and the disruptive forces of climate change threaten to curtail or even reverse the progress that has been made over the past decades.
In West and Central Africa, the World Bank is a leading partner with a growing portfolio of 387 projects totaling more than $44.1 billion in areas such as agriculture, trade and transport, energy, education, health, water and sanitation- all to support job creation, gender equality, poverty reduction, and better lives.
Across the continent, the World Bank’s program has nearly doubled over the last 10 years. By 2030, about 87% of the world’s extreme poor are projected to live in Sub-Saharan Africa, so this is where our mission to end extreme poverty and to promote shared prosperity will be achieved.
Are you ready to make an impact? We are looking for dedicated professionals to join our innovative and diverse team to improve people’s lives and help countries build back better after COVID.
Western and Central Africa (AFW) Region:
WB AFW is looking for a Procurement Specialist
To improve its capacity, the World Bank West and Central Africa Procurement Unit seeks to recruit a procurement professional, capable of operating effectively in the region.
Effective, efficient, and transparent public procurement is crucial for achieving AFW’s objectives. The procurement specialist will:
- Provide implementation support to the Bank’s portfolio in the country. Including through inputs for policy-based operations, hands-on implementation support and fiduciary due diligence of investment financing.
- Understand relevant procurement markets using analytical tools and approaches to define more effective procurement strategies.
- Efficiently engage in policy dialogue to help countries to reform and improve their public procurement systems.
The Procurement Specialist will be working under the oversight and mentorship of the Regional Accredited Practice Manager. The duty station for this position is Accra in Ghana.
- High level of integrity.
- Excellent command of English.
- A Master’s degree with a major in a relevant field (e.g., business administration, engineering, commerce, law, procurement, public policy, etc.).
- Knowledge of the concepts, principles and practices governing international procurement, with the ability to translate concepts into operational work, including but not limited to VFM, sustainable procurement, strategic sourcing, market analysis, contract management, etc…
- Minimum of 5 years of proven experience in carrying out technical duties in procurement inside or outside the World Bank.
- Ability to deal sensitively in a multi-cultural environment and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- Good interpersonal skills and persuasiveness in presenting, discussing, and resolving highly complex issues, both orally and in writing.
- Autonomous and committed with technical quality.
- Ability to solve problems involving multiple partners and constraints.
- Analytical skills to recognize patterns, extract conclusions and formulate strategies out of information coming from multiple sources and in a variety of forms.
- Specific Specialized Skills, Knowledge and Competencies
- Knowledge of institutions and procurement reforms in Borrower’s countries.
- Understanding of the World Bank’s business objectives, products and project cycle.
- Understanding of political economy, public policy, public systems and public management.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of contract management tools & methodologies.
- Ability to handle complex, multi-functional, cross-regional projects/programs including maintaining relationships with partners & counterparties.
- Good understanding of risk management.
The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This appointment will last 3 years but it could be extended depending on performance and business need.
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should: