R&D Manager- Upfield West Africa at Upfield
- Post Date:August 30, 2020
- Views 70
Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Cant Believe its not Butter and Proactive.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 – 7 years
- Location Accra
- Job Field Project Management
- The main purpose of the function is the technical delivery of innovations/renovation in West Africa Business Unit on time in full, ensuring full legal, regulatory and safety compliance. He/she provides local technical input/insights into innovation projects to R&D and key Business Unit partners. He/she also will support the Business Unit, in activation of new/rejuvenated product launches where close teamwork is required with culinary, Marketing and SC Teams.
- The incumbent as a Technical Product Leader will also be leading and landing innovation/renovation/cost saving in West Africa. He/She can be appointed to lead projects across Africa business units, where deemed appropriated
- As part of the RD Africa team, incumbent will be involved in projects in Africa either as a leading Manager or part of the team member. He/She will have a responsibility on landing RD initiatives, program on ground.
- As a key RD Person in west Africa, incumbent will be a key person that interacts with the SC team on delivery of approved projects.
Key Accountabilities / Main Accountabilities
- Lead the implementation of new product developments in West Africa on time in full with clear project networks and ensuring full legal, regulatory and safety compliances.
- As TPL she/he is responsible for Project Leadership of projects -single point of accountability for technical delivery and responsible for communication with stakeholder(s) on all technical elements.
- Technical input and insights into innovation projects to the R&D organization, Business Unit marketing, external relations, supply chain and technical compliance networks.
- Development, training, and execution of R&D relevant product activations including training sales force with product knowledge.
- Guidance on technical supportability of advertising claims in communication with trade and consumers based on excellent technical, legal and competitor understanding.
- Deploy – support sales training and execution of projects in market.
He/she has overall responsibility for delivery of innovation/renovation/cost reduction and compliances in in West Africa Business Unit.
- Drive compliances and delivery of projects in UPMS and gate documents including compliance checks and local requirements.
- Work closely with Supply Management and Supply Chain on local supply chain support activities e.g. value improvement, third party manufacturing support, alternative sourcing.
- As an RD Manager, incumbent will also be leading and landing RD driven agenda on ground.
- Head of R&D Africa
- Head of Marketing West Africa
- Head of Regulatory and Nutrition Africa
- BU General Manager
- R&D Resources local Deploy, Nutrition & Regulatory Affairs.
- SC Regional and local Deploy countries
- Minimum university degree in food science or relevant science.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in regulatory, foods product development, project leadership, preferably in the context of complex, Regional and Global projects.
- Knowledge in plant-based food (Oils & Fats, Spreads, Margarine, cheese, creams & dressings) technology.
- A team player with a can-do mentality.
- Self-starter, but can also work in a global framework
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt within a fast-changing environment.
- Strong communicator
- Fluent in English, spoken and written.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact. You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you