Security Supervisor – Process Plant at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Post Date:October 14, 2021
- Views 173
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Security Supervisor – Process Plant.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The role holder will assist the Security Superintendent in managing a team to ensure the maintenance of law and order and safeguarding (prevention/detection/protection) of the Company’s assets (life and property) within the Process Plant.
- Provide the front-line manager with work-related information regarding individuals (positive and negative) within the team and any obstacles that may hinder performance.
- Provide assistance regarding security practices
- Execute security objectives as defined by manager through the Superintendent
- Coordinate the administration of various security functions i.e. administration, permits, etc. within area of accountability
- Ensure adherence to programmes for safety and security awareness, protection etc
- Ensure proper access controls at all times
- Ensure proper searches at access points
- Report all security related incidents to the Superintendent
- Ensure proper supervision and patrols in all areas of concern.
- Utilize appropriate administrative systems for all registers, reports, alarms, visitors, etc. within area of accountability
- Check all administrative procedures on shift
- Record and evaluate all reports received on crime and/ or incidents and initiates appropriate response
- Follow up and records outstanding issues
- Ensure availability and correct documentation resulting from reported incidents
- Maintain an effective and efficient system for all administrative matters
- Treat all incoming matters as urgent and important and prioritize the handling of each matter.
- Ensure the prevention, detection and preliminary investigation of crime within area of accountability
- Maintain law and order at all times
- Evaluate situations and inform appropriate levels of management
- Keep proper incident logs by monitoring the situation and deployment
- Ensure that work is conducted in a safe manner
- Ensure that the ‘working elements’ (inspections, audits, etc.) of the Safety Management System are in compliance
- Ensure prompt reporting of all injuries, illness, and safety incidents
- Coach team in the safe facilitation of their tasks on shiftarea of accountability to reduce the number of significant hazards towards zero lost time injuries;
- Promote Health and Safety at the workplace with a view of Zero Tolerance.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Security related degree / Diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of three (3) years of security related experience with at least one (1) year supervising teams
- Experience and skilled knowledge in investigations will be an advantage
- Demonstrate effective knowledge of Safety, Health & Environment procedures in and around workplace (PPE requirements, housekeeping standards)
- Demonstrate the knowledge and application of ethical conduct
- Demonstrate knowledge of methods/procedures and practices and their application to specific situations e.g. search and arrest procedures, statement taking, explosive and weapon, manning of access points, risk assessments
- Report writing skills
- Must have a valid driving license
- Ability to solve problems and analyze issues
- Inspire and motivate others
- Display high integrity and honesty
- Drive for results
- Collaborate and promote teamwork
- Take initiative
- Practice Self-Development
Method of Application