Senior Technical Officer at FHI 360
- Post Date:November 5, 2021
- Views 60
FHI 360 is seeking a full-time Senior Technical Officer to lead FHI 360’s activities in Ghana under the Sexual Health and Reproductive Education (SHARE) program, a five-year, multi-country CAD $36.69M program funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC). Designed as a gender-transformative, human-rights progressive sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) program, SHARE’s ultimate outcome is to increase the enjoyment of health-related human rights by adolescent girls and young women in Ghana, Mozambique and Uganda. SHARE will be implemented as a consortium led by Right To Play (RTP), in partnership with WaterAid, the Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWE), and FHI 360. SHARE will leverage the four unique areas of expertise of the consortium members and technical partners – RTP’s Gender-Responsive Play-Based Learning approach, WaterAid’s expertise in WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene), FAWE’s strong experience in advocacy and policy change, and FHI 360’s girl-focused health service and empowerment methodologies.
The Senior Technical Officer will lead and implement SHARE project activities in Ghana ensuring high-quality results and strong communication with FHI 360 HQ staff and consortium partners. The Senior Technical Office will lead a team to implement and monitor project initiatives collaborating across consortium partners and will be tasked with adapting global training materials and overseeing staff that will lead training and mentorship activities. The Senior Technical Officer should have a strong project management and adolescent and youth sexual and reproductive health (AYSRH) background, excellent communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence processes with strong results.
- Leads the design, adaptation, development, planning, and implementation of innovative technical strategies, in collaboration with consortium partners.
- Leads and manages a team to implement project activities.
- Ensures project implementation adheres to the project strategy and remains technically sound.
- Communicates with FHI 360 HQ staff and consortium partners on a regular basis ensuring deadlines and expectations are met and communicated clearly.
- Participates in consortium meetings, meetings with national stakeholders and community groups.
- Prepares reports and technical briefs summarizing project results.
- Adapts strategies and tools for the design and implementation of specific project activities.
- Monitors the budget ensuring accuracy and accountability.
- Develops and monitors work plans.
- Provides leadership and team building at the project level.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with implementing reproductive health and/or adolescent and youth sexual and reproductive health projects
- Experience with adapting and/or developing and delivering trainings in health care settings, preferably related to AYSRH.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated program/project management skills. Ability to influence and collaborate with others.
- Demonstrated proficiency with using Microsoft Office Suite and on-line search tools required.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors and prepare reports. Ability to problem solve and implements corrective action as needed.
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English at an advanced professional level.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems of complex scope that require analysis and in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Networks with key internal and external personnel.
- Determines methods and procedures on new projects and assignments. Serves as team lead and may supervise other lower-level personnel.
- Will report to the FHI 360 Project Director. Will represent the project for FHI 360 in Ghana and liaise with FHI 360 Ghana office leadership.
- Assigns responsibility and accountability for tasks/decisions.
- Monitors process, progress and results. Creates a climate in which people want to do their best.
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Civil Society, Communication and Social Marketing, Economic Development, Education, the Environment, Gender, Health, Nutrition, Research, Technology and Youth or a Related Field.
- Project Management (PM) Certification preferred.
- ·Typically requires 6+ years of relevant experience managing data collection and technical assistance experience.
- ·Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization.
- ·International or Domestic (US) Program Development or Program management experience preferred
- ·Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time. Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
- 10% – 25%
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and a package of exceptional benefits. Please visit the FHI 360 Career Center at http://www.fhi360.org/careers for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an employer with equal opportunity and affirmative action. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or veteran status in policies, programs, or activities.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Related Jobs (45)
General Cashier at Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City on October 8, 2021 Full Time
Job Vacancy For Director, Corporate and Institutional Banking on August 16, 2019 Full Time