Senior Warehouse Supervisor at Newmont Mining Corporation
- Post Date:October 28, 2021
- Views 265
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
- To implement, continuously improve and execute Newmont’s materials management strategy in order to drive the goals and objectives for the warehousing activities.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operational performance of the warehouse by ensuring the movement of materials and supplies at Site are received, issued, stored and accounted for in a safe, timely and consistent manner that ensures compliance with Newmont Standards and established Regional policies and procedures.
- Actively demonstrate the Newmont values of Safety, Integrity, Sustainability, Inclusion and responsibility at all times.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
Warehouse Operations Management
- Manage all Warehouse operations, including stacking and storage.
- Establish optimal delivery points to end-users through efficient channels of distribution.
- Oversee that receiving functions and discrepancy identification are performed at all warehouse facilities and transactions are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Establish, implement and monitor parts preservation program that suitably protects inventory items from deterioration due to inadequate storage and exposure to the elements of the weather.
- Efficiently manage the receiving, stocking and issuance of stock.
- Develop ideal warehouse layout and item cataloguing.
- Approve write-offs emanating from cycle counts (within his financial limit).
Safety, Health and Environment
- Ensure all warehouse operations are in compliance with safety requirements promoting the company’s safety culture.
- Ensure a clean and tidy workspace is kept at all times.
- Assist in identifying training and knowledge gaps within the Warehouse section and contribute to the development of suitable training interventions.
- Conduct effective performance management for subordinate through managing individual performance contracts and reviews, communicating performance expectations clearly and addressing and resolving performance issues.
- Play an active mentorship and coaching role to the subordinates.
- Develop skills and abilities of direct and indirect reports.
- Develop and sustain strategic relationship with end users with regards parts supply.
- Facilitate transparent communications between Site(s), Logistics, Inventory Planning and the Sourcing and Procurement group to ensure alignment and understanding of receiving and distribution performance measurements, requirements and outputs.
- Liaise with End user groups in order to provide the right level of service.
- Interface with all departments to ensure proper inventory levels of required material whilst keeping inventory holding to a minimum and report the status of warehousing activities to the management on a regular basis.
Warehouse Facility and Equipments
- Coordinate and oversee all warehouse logistics
- Supervise all forklift operations.
- Ensure proper transport, packaging, and placement of products.
- Abide by and enforce facility rules and state laws and regulations.
- Maintain warehouse and machinery, ensuring equipment is serviced when needed.
Inventory management and Control
- Provide strong tactical Inventory Management oversight for site and the site leads.
- Track and account for all incoming and outgoing products.
- Confirm proper and timely delivery of products.
- Ensure various inventory counts; order supplies and goods as needed.
- Ensure that shipment materials match packing lists before dispatching orders.
- Ensure timely receipts, binning, issuance of spares and Inventory integrity.
- Manage stock counts and resolve any stock discrepancies.
TRAINING,SKILLS & EXPERIENCE CHECKLIST:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or related field equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of System Implementation methodology.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Planning.
- Supply Chain functional knowledge.
- Knowledge of P2P transactional processes.
- ERP/EAP System knowledge.
- Mining business acumen.
- Warehouse Management
- Minimum of 7 years’ of increasingly responsible purchasing/buyer/material experience in a mining environment.
- Understand warehouse functions and responsibilities and inventory management experience desired.
- Previous working experience in Leading Teams.
- Have a working knowledge of contracting practices and documentation.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess and demonstrate high ethical and professional standards in all dealings.
- Have a working knowledge of MS office programs.
- Able to coach, mentor, develop and performance manage direct reports.
- Have a strong ability to plan, prioritize and delegate work to others.
- Completes tasks and takes accountability for own actions.
- Able to promote and enforce established safety policies.
- Service level management-inventory management.
- Promotes Business Process and Continuous Improvement.
- Ensuring distribution planning and commercial demand forecasting.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Networking, Interpersonal, liaison, reporting and presentation skills.
- Risk management skills.
- Supply Chain management.
- System administration.
- Customer focused.
- Safety conscious.
- Results driven.
- In this position you may be required to travel and assist other domestic and international sites.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As part of our diversity efforts. females are encouraged to apply.