Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Superintendent Governance & Risk at Gold Fields
- Post Date:November 15, 2021
- Views 65
- Be in possession of an appropriate tertiary qualification (degree or equivalent in Financial Accounting, Financial Risk Management or Internal Auditing).
- Possess at least 5 years accounting/internal auditing and risk management experience in a mining environment.
- Be competent in testing and documenting Internal Controls (SOX).
- Have an in depth understanding of the Sarbanes-Oxley act; Corporate Governance (King IV) ; Mining Risk Management and COSO 2013 Internal Control Framework.
- Have a high-level understanding of the ICMM principals and Framework.
- Have a good understanding of legislation, frameworks and regulations that impact on the mining environment.
- In depth understanding of the financial, risk and internal control processes of a mining company.
- Be proficient in MS Office packages and have working experience of the SAP system.
- Proficient in process flow documentation.
- Be prepared to work extended hours on an ad hoc basis.
- Be in possession of valid driver’s license, Code 08 (EB).
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk-based medical examination at the Gold Fields Occupational Health Centre and pass a Heat Tolerance Screening test, and such other tests as may be required to assess the applicant’s suitability for employment.
- Have sound Interpersonal relations.
- Have exposure to Supervisory or Management levels.
- Be a self-starter, who can work independently and possess sound analytical and interpersonal skills and have unquestionable integrity.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Have extensive knowledge in working with SAP GRC.
- Can use data analytics tools and excel extensively.
- Previous Governance, Risk and Compliance system implementation.
- Exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Be customer service focused Must be able to identify risks that will impact the mining environment and the geographical area it operates in.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, work well under pressure and can take initiative.
- Exhibit a well-orginised work method.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Responsible for Sarbanes-Oxley control environment in respect of financial reporting and non-financial reporting environment.
- Manage the full risk, control, and governance environment in line with Group standards and local statutory requirements.
- Report and follow-up on compliance with relevant legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the further enhancement to current systems to ensure continuous improvement in processes and workflows.
- Deliver an effective and efficient governance and risk function through sharing of best practice, alignment with Group and engagement with customers.
- Contribute towards the effective management of the commercial function by monitoring systems and processes and developing security control measures.
- Devise a control strategy and internal control assessment and from there develops an audit programme.
- Develop policies and procedures and in conjunction with identified high-risk areas defines the broad objectives of an audit, as well as specifying control objectives.
- Present practical and workable recommendations to Management based on own knowledge of the legal requirements e.g. tax laws and safety regulations.
- Identify the need for change in methods, procedures and processes that will enhance the delivery of more effective and qualitative controls. Investigates, defines, proposes and ensure implementation as appropriate.
- Participate in the development of control practices and in consultation with relevant stakeholders ensure implementation of such practices.
- Manage audits of business and support departments across all areas of the mine by performing risk assessments to establish the scope and audit plan for assigned audits, evaluate the internal controls and the efficiency of key business processes, makes recommendations to improve such controls and reduce risk to the company, and monitors the implementation of these recommendations
- Prepare a detailed audit report, formulates recommendations for improvement with an emphasis on cost versus benefit scenarios.
- Offer professional audit advice to clients. Presents Audit results to management and distributes in a written report.
- Support management reporting through in-depth analysis and recommendations by tracking and remediating SOX deficiencies
- Generate documentation, flow charts and analysis from field work to compile audit evidence to support his/her opinion included in the report and ensures that such evidence and reports comply with the SOX Act, Institute of Internal Audit Guidelines and Auditing Best Practices.
- With relevant stakeholders identify the strategic and operational risks that faces the operation and assist in developing primary and mitigating controls to manage the risks.
- Uses own knowledge of risk management to identify new risks that will impact the operations and tables those with the correct stakeholder group.