Treasury Manager at Unilever
- Post Date:October 11, 2021
- Views 155
Effective Liquidity and foreign exchange operations management are critical to ensure the safeguard of Unilever’s financial assets and reduction in finance cost.
This role is involved in the Treasury operations for Unilever Ghana and the role is to oversee the day-to-day Treasury and commodity hedging operations and be the lead for upcoming Treasury projects.
The role will focus on managing the Liquidity and Foreign exchange requirements for the business in addition to running the back office operations.
Reduction of finance cost and exchange rate exposure is key in ensuring a profitable business and this role will be performed by treasury manager.
- Lead and work with Regional / Global Treasury to ensure adequate facilities are available to meet existing and future business funds requirements
- Develop and maintain effective operational network with key Banks/Financial Institutions to ensure smooth operations and harness opportunities
- Responsible for administer role for Bank related systems
- Co-ordinate and ensure documentation in place to transact with Banks (facilities letter, documentation, director’s resolution etc)
- Financial Accounting
Ensure accurate and timely internal reporting for both statutory and internal reporting of the Treasury function. These include:
- Managing CapGemini (offshore Accounts team) for Treasury outsourced activities.
- Reviewing journals on Interest charges, bank charges, Unilever Finance International (UFI) sweep and fund transactions, Loans, FX differences arising out of settled FX contracts, settlement of payments and collections, revaluation & mark to market on open FX contracts.
- Analysing and ensuring timely completion of Treasury reports (FX exposures, currency trends, Cash Forecast, actual cash flows; hedging requirements, Working Capital Management Report).
- Liquidity Management
- Ensure Unilever’s financial assets are safe guarded with proper planning of short-, medium- and long-term cash requirements. This includes funding requirements and maximizing long term returns on excess liquidity.
- Forecast day-to-day cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings or increase returns on excess cash.
- Reviews company’s cash forecast and performs an analysis on the projected vs. reported cash holdings.
- Exposures management
- Mitigates financial risks related to the interest rates on the foreign exchange positions.
- Propose Forex strategies and exposure limits incorporating market insights on Forex trends into hedging decisions working closely with Global Treasury team
- Design and implement full end to end (process design, systems, accounting treatments) solutions for back office operations on new commodities and instruments.
- Governance, Compliance & Documentation
- Maintains policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury operations.
- Ensures all transactions are completed in accordance with the Schedule of Authorities and are properly documented.
- Responsible for the Treasury Policy compliance and observing Forex limits
- Establish and report treasury KPIs
- Commodity Risk Management
- Stabilising the existing back office operations and setup new commodities for the back office operations
- Ensure compliance and controls are in placed in the back office operations
- Strong SAP Knowledge
- Strong Excel spreadsheet skills
- Graduate calibre candidate who is CIMA/ACCA/ICAN certified.
- Confident communication
- Financial Management
- Treasury Management
- Minimum of 7 years work experience with at least 2 spent as a team lead
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.