Welder & Fabricator - Underground Mining Alliance
- Post Date:November 18, 2021
- Views 20
Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”) is a Joint Venture between African Underground Mining Services Limited (AUMS) and Rocksure International carrying out underground development and production works for the AngloGold Ashanti (Obuasi) Mine.
UMA is seeking to employ qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position. These are Obuasi-based Fixed Term positions with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi. The remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidates.
The positions will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground mechanized mining while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic, and outcome-focused environment.
As a welder and fabricator, you will be responsible for joining metal and interpret fabrication drawings using a variety of techniques, often to form new structures. Duties may include cutting and welding materials according to technical plans created:
- Carry out gas metal arc welding (GMAW), to manufacture items and components
- Cut materials into the required shapes, checking dimensions and thicknesses
- Weld or join metal and other materials into a wide range of structures
- Follow engineering plans, drawings and instructions
- Operate tools and machinery and welding equipment
- Inspect and test welds with precision measuring instruments
- Dismantle metal structures.
- Clean tools, equipment, and work areas
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of 3 (Three) years’ previous experience in the welding and fabrication field in a mechanized mine operating Underground Haulage equipment is essential.
- Recognized Welding and Fabrication Trade Certificate through a recognized apprenticeship or institution or MINCOM Certification will be an added advantage.
- Must possess valid Ghanaian driving and operating licenses (C & E Classes) and can drive underground.
- Underground mining experience will be an added advantage.
- Positive attitude & ability to work independently with limited supervision
- A proactive attitude toward safety and hazard identification.
- A positive work ethic in line with company values.
- Flexibility and willingness to assist with varied tasks and responsibilities
- Must demonstrate strong work ethics and be able to communicate courteously with co-workers.
- Ability to work under pressure and have the desire to achieve.
- Ability to read and interpret fabrication drawings and weld as well
- Ability to work day and night rotation
- Good verbal and written communication in English.
How To Apply
Eligible candidates will be selected after the interview process and evaluated for suitability in terms of behavioral characteristics, organizational fitness, capability to work with the relevant complexity of work, and ability to establish and maintain a positive and engaging culture with all stakeholders.
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximize the success of your application:
- Limit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to four (4) pages
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience, and a minimum of two referees
- List your most recent positions first.
- Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to
before or on 20th October 2021
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.